14 July 2009

The Arboretum

Perhaps today wasn't the best day for a walk, as it was a chilly 48F with a nice cold wind and a slight drizzle, but i couldn't stay cooped up!

Below is a common bird on campus, especially outside my dorm. Introducing, the Australian Magpie! They have the a beautiful song, which they sing quite loudly at dawn and dusk, and other various times of the day! Apparently, they can be quite aggressive, however the Magpies I have seen have been rather tame.



Next is a series of photos taken during my walk in the University's Arboretum. Its becoming one of my favorite places to walk in, and I hope you'll soon agree!















Daisy, The New Zealand dandelion

Next are a few shots of the Australian Black Swan. Its quite a stunning species, and again tends to be aggressive. Watch Out!




2 comments:

  1. Everything looks interesting, and different! Funny to see palm trees and have it be in the 40's.

    ReplyDelete